Britain’s Queen Elizabeth II received today at Buckingham Palace in London Croatian President Kolinda Grabar-Kitarović at the start of her first official visit to the United Kingdom, reports Večernji List on October 11, 2016.
The meeting took place seven months after a two-day visit to Croatia by Charles, Prince of Wales, and his wife Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall, in March. That visit did not have a political dimension, but was focused on strengthening connections between the two countries and their citizens.
This afternoon President Grabar-Kitarović will also meet with British Prime Minister Theresa May at Downing Street. They will discuss bilateral relations between the two countries. Prime Minister May is talking this week with her counterparts from other European countries about preparations for Brexit.
The President will also separately meet with British Defence Secretary Michael Fallon and Lord Speaker of the House of Lords Norman Fowler. She will also hold a lecture at the London School of Economics and Political Science.
British Ambassador to Croatia Andrew Dalgleish said that the President’s visit to London “confirmed the importance which the United Kingdom attaches to its relations with Croatia”. “Great Britain and Croatia now cooperate in a number of areas – from defence and security to tourism, culture, education and global issues. But there are always areas where we can do more. This visit is a great opportunity to emphasize that”, said Ambassador Dalgleish.
The President will conclude her visit to the United Kingdom on Wednesday when she will meet with Secretary of State for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy Greg Clark and have a working lunch with representatives of banks and investment institutions. In the afternoon, she will visit Bloomberg where she will hold a meeting with representatives of businesses and information technology startups.
After London, the President will travel to Brussels where she will meet with leaders of the European Union and NATO. The President is expected to return to Croatia on Friday, when she will attend the inaugural sitting of Parliament for its first meeting after September’s elections.
Source: total-croatia-news com
- Camilla Parker-Bowles demanded Prince Charles to confront Queen Elizabeth
- Catherine Duchess of Cambridge Despising Camilla Parker-Bowles for Encouraging Queen Elizabeth II to Undergo Botox Injections?
- The royals meet Ireland’s President Michael D Higgins and his wife Sabina and is is due to pay his respects at the spot where his beloved great uncle Lord Mountbatten was killed
- Greetings from the Royals: Charles and Camilla’s Christmas card
- Who Will Be Queen After Elizabeth II? How Many Royals Does England Have And Why Only One Will Take The Throne
- It was no secret that Queen Elizabeth had her sights set on leaving Prince William and Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge in charge of the Monarchy
- Catherine Duchess of Cambridge may be Queen sooner than expected if Camilla Parker-Bowles can’t get her temper under control
- Reports reveal that 25,000 tickets have been sold for Queen Elizabeth II’s 90th birthday, within hours after it went on sale last Tuesday
- Hillary and the Queen do, in fact, have quite a few things in common
- Find Out Why Prince William and Catherine Duchess of Cambridge are keeping silent on the Brexit?
- ‘Horses respond to her. It’s a two-way relationship, they both love each other. She has that wonderful smile which lights up her whole face and you can see the real joy she gets from it
- Can Britain’s monarchy survive without the queen?
- The Prince of Wales doesn’t like the Royal Variety Performance
- The Amazing Netflix Series “The Crown” Uncovers foremost dramatic issues of 21st-century powerful women
- New Reports are claiming that the Duke of Cambridge is so much concerned about the fact that his wife is too vain
- It’s no Buckingham Palace, but it’s rather special anyway
- Prince Charles has questioned whether his Duchy Originals beer brand was the cause of a man fainting while the royal delivered a speech at Brewers’ Hall in London
- Prince Charles is the proud new owner of a B&Q branch
- The sensitive issue of the title is likely to be examined in the first authoritative biography of Camilla
- Queen Elizabeth is impressed with Duchess Camilla’s “unshowy” style
- Prince Andrew’s public role has often attracted controversy but his private life is even more intriguing
- The Duchess of Cornwall, the Prince of Wales, Queen Elizabeth II, the Duke of Edinburgh, and Duke and Duchess of Cambridge arrive for the annual Diplomatic Reception at Buckingham Palace – but what are they wearing?
- Has Catherine Duchess of Cambridge trumped Camilla Parker-Bowles again?
- Duchess of Cambridge was among the invited guests to Queen Elizabeth’s annual Christmas lunch at Buckingham Palace yesterday
- Catherine Duchess of Cambridge brightened up the day at an otherwise rainy 90th birthday celebration event for Queen Elizabeth II Sunday
- The Queen believes the referendum promises a new dawn for a truly independent UK—and may even be the savior of the Commonwealth
- The Queen stunned in a sapphire and diamond tiara, which was purchased in the ’60s. She also wore a necklace and earrings that were wedding gifts from her parents Queen Elizabeth Goes Full-On Glam (at 90!) for State Dinner